Welcome 2016 – A prosperous Year Ahead
‘Imagination is more powerful than Imagine if you will, the possibility of this year being the most fulfilling year of your life. What would it look like? How would it feel at the end of 2016 when you look back at this year?
I would like to invite you to imagine the unlimited possibilities that this year can bring towards you. My article today is inspired by Napoleon Hill book ‘Think and grow rich’. We will focus on the power of imagination and how it will bring forth the results you want to achieve this year.
All the “breaks” you need in life wait within your imagination. Imagination is the workshop of your mind, capable of turning mind-energy into accomplishment and wealth. (Napoleon Hill) This takes us to the next concept that when applied is mega-powerful. Hill talks about 2 kinds of imagination, Synthetic and Creative. Let us see how you can easily apply these to your trading project.
Synthetic Imagination refers to arranging old concepts, ideas or plans into new combinations. So nothing is created but it works with the existing knowledge, education, experience and observation. You can apply this faculty to draw upon what you already learn in the classes with your coaches, the uses of software, taking the trading ideas and employ them to make profitable trades and also apply this to the trade management rules.
Creative Imagination refers to inspiration. Hill puts it beautifully as the faculty where the finite mind has direct communication with the infinite intelligence. This faculty uses the power of our subconscious mind. The best thing is that you can practice to improve this faculty and just like we build our muscles stronger by work out we can develop our creative imagination through conscious use. Inaction makes this ability weak over time. Ideas are the beginning point of all fortune and you want to create a fortune for yourself using the available technology of investing. Ideas are a product of Imagination. Imagination requires stimulation and practice.
Let’s practice now using the following simple steps;
- Using your synthetic imagination form a trading plan. This plan will have a series of steps you need to take to become competent in understanding this business. It will have clear steps you need to take on a daily basis to execute properly your trades. This will have a checklist for each strategy and also risk management. You will also allow time for further studies. This will need to be practiced daily. The best way to do this is to read your plan loudly before starting your trading (I know to some it may sound silly or childish but do it anyway this is the way you are telling your subconscious mind to act according to your command!)
- Now that you have created a specific plan we need to add the ingredient of a meaningful purpose. Your specific purpose. Here you need to use your imagination and stretch yourself. If you use just your knowledge you run the danger of limiting yourself to what you know and have learned from childhood influences which are stored at an unconscious level still. This is the time to let go! Fortunes are created by ideas and imagination not by mere hard work because if that was true then millions of people who work ultra- hard in their jobs would be wealthy.
- Use creative imagination every morning just for 10 minutes. I have found the tool to be easiest to strengthen this faculty is ‘Auto writing’. As soon as you get up in the morning have your journal next to you and start writing your imagination and things you want, places you want to visit, feelings that you love to feel today, and most importantly use imaginative and passionate words to describe what you want in detail. In your auto writing you will notice that doubts and other negative emotions creep in – don’t brush them away write them down. Auto writing means you write everything that is coming through your mind onto paper. You are creating an empty space. Remember new things require a space to enter. This will create the vacuum for your imagination to soar and fill with ideas that will make you the fortune.
- Close your eyes and imagine you have achieved everything and let these feelings energise every cell in your body. Vibrate at this energy all day.
- Apply the above before placing your trades. See the result first. If you don’t see the result in your favour don’t take that trade. Move to the next winning one! This requires conscious practice daily.
- By using your synthetic imagination, you are selecting the best possible trades. And by using your creative imagination you are converting these trades to winners!
In my next article I will touch on a few more points and exercises to jog your imagination to create your dream life. Till then keep imagining the impossible and see it become possible.
Wishing you prosperity and success
Trader Psychology Specialist